Before you begin the setup process, make sure that the following operation is performed.
• Your wireless network connection is properly setup and in working condition.
• Your HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer and the computer used should be connected to same wireless network.
• When asked, enter the wireless network name (SSID) and wireless password.
• Based on the level of security required, you may have to use a WPA, pass phrase or WEP key.
On the printer’s control panel, touch the Wireless button and then tap on Settings. In the list of options available, choose Wireless Setup Wizard and follow the directions to complete the setup.
How to change from a USB connection to wireless network (Windows)?
• Perform one of the following functions depending on your operating system.
• Windows 8.1: In the lower left hand corner of the desktop, click on the down arrowand choose your printer name. Now, click on Utilities.
• Windows 8: Right click on your Desktop screen and choose All Apps on the App bar.From the list of printers available, choose yours and then click on Utilities.
• Windows7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: Click in the following order. Start AllPrograms HP HP Officejet Pro 6968.
• Scroll through the list of options and then choose Printer Setup & Software.
• Choose Convert a USB connected printer to wireless and follow the instructions.