- Get the new HP Officejet 6968 printer out of the box.
- Now, remove the cello tape and packing materials.
- Lift the scanner lid and take off the packing tape. Close the lid later.
- Hold the printer on either sides and then lift the ink cartridge access door until it snaps into its place. Now, remove all the package tape from the printer.
- After removing the tapes, close the ink cartridge access door.
- Pull out the paper tray and remove the tapes. Push the trap until it locks into its place.
- Connect one end of the power cord to the wall socket and the other end to the printer.
- Switch on the printer.
- Select the down arrow on your printer control panel to set the language.
- Press the same arrow to choose Yes and then tap on OK. Now, Set Country/Region menu will open.
- Select the down arrow to choose the country/region and then tap on OK.
- Pull out the paper tray door and then the paper tray extender. Now, lift the paper catch.
- Move the paper guides to their outer most position.
- Place a stack of paper on to the paper Adjust the paper guides according to the size of the paper.
- Now, push the paper tray in till it snaps into place.
- Open the ink cartridge door. Wait till the print carriage moves to the right and remain silent.
- Remove the tapes from the ink cartridges. Hold the cartridges on the black plastic.
- Hold the cartridges on their sides and then gently push them forward until it locks in its place.
- Now, repeat the process until you insert all ink cartridge.
- Now, close the ink cartridge door. Now, align the cartridges by following the on-screen instructions. The printer will print an alignment page.
How to install the printer software?After setting up the printer hardware, you have a go ahead to install the printing software. Wait till you install the software. Until then do not connect the computer to the printer.
Go to 123.hp.com and search the software based on your printer model. Download the driver and follow the on-screen instructions to install the software. Now, your printer is ready to use.
If you have the software CD that came with the printer package, insert it into the computer and then install it by following the prompts displayed on screen.